Monday, May 7, 2012

I Can't Feel My Wounds!

Hi!  I'm Jake!

 Check out the grey skin surrounding my blister hole!
Bad news: last week, I was playing with fire and I gave myself a 2nd degree burn wound.

Good news: I burned my nerves!  So, when the grey-skinned pus-bubble blister burst open, I didn't feel it.  Hooray!

Here Are 3 Things I Am Thankful For because I Can't Feel My Wounds!

1. No pain means I can type this blog.
Last time I had a burn wound, anything that even came near my scar tissue issue hurt like a son of a grinch!

This burn is way worse.  If it felt as bad as it looks, my pointer finger would be debilitated. Unencumbered by pain, my pointer finger can peck at each individual letter.  In a few hours, this blog entry will be complete.  Without the use of pointy -that's the nickname I gave my pointer finger- without pointy, I'd have to use Middly. Middly is what I call my pinky.  Pinker is what I call my middle finger.  It's confusing.  Anyway, if I put Middly in charge of typing this blog, who knows how long it would take?  Truth be told, if Middly was in charge, everybody would probably die.

Fortunately, Pointy is in charge.  That means I can finish my blog tonight and not everybody will die.  I'm thankful for that!


2. I must not be hurt too bad.
I feel pain when I am hurt real bad.  I currently don't feel the pain. So, according to faulty logic, I am not hurt real bad.  I am thankful for that.

3. I can sleep tonight.
When I'm in excruciating pain, it's hard to sleep- probably because of all the screaming and crying.  The fact that I'd be up all night typing with Middly wouldn't help matters either.  Fricking Middly!

Fortunately, Middly has been given the responsibility of just occasionally typing the shift key.  Pointy is in charge and he feels relaxed enough to let me sleep without cries or screams.  As long as the voices in my head shut up too, tomorrow I'll awake, rested and content.  I'll be thankful for that!
Well, it's time for me to sleep.  Pointy is all set to help me brush my teeth.  He feels fine. So do I.  I'm thankful for a relaxed finger.  I'm thankful I'll sleep well.  I'm thankful you read my blog.  See you tomorrow!

Bye!  I'm Jake!

P.S. Here's a link to me finding the positive side of my burn wounds on The Battery Podcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment