Yesterday was awesome. I have lived in Texas for most of the past year. Yet, yesterday, I finally went to one of the biggest water parks in Texas- nay, the world! I went to Schlitterbahn, in New Braunfels, Texas. It was a fun-filled day!
So here are 3 Things I am Thankful For about Schlitterbahn!
1. We had fun in the sun (and water) for over 10 hours!
Because the price of admission is so expensive ($45 for a day pass), Matt Golightly & I made a day of it. We got there at 10:15, right after it opened. We left at 8:45- 45 minutes after they closed! They were pretty cool about it. Aside from standing in line, we spent most of the day wetter than pus.
The best ride was Master Blaster. Of course, that also had about an hour-long wait in line each time we did it. But Master Blaster was awesome. You basically drop straight down then the water pressure shoots you up almost as quickly. This happens several times. The ride only lasts about 50 seconds, but it's pretty sweet.
I also liked The Falls, a lazy river that loops around and around the park. You can get off at several exits and enjoy rides near those exits. The Falls also has occasional rapids. It's fun. There aren't really any actual falls, though. That's kind of misleading. It's basically just a lazy river that is not so lazy.
I think it was a good deal. Since they let us bring in food and beverages, we didn't have to buy their pricey foods and beverages. The main cost was the $45 admission. Considering we rode rides for about 10.5 hours, that's about $4 per hour.
- If you have even the slightest lisp, say Schlitterbahn, and you'll sound like a giant dork. It's great! Do it at parties! "I shell Schlitterbahn sheason pashes down by the theashore."
- Schlitterbahn sounds like a poo joke. "I need to get some New Braunfels. I just Schlitterbahned myself!"
- Schlitterbahn is a great innuendo. Instead of saying you drove up the Hershey Highway, say "Francine is great. She let me drive up her Schlitterbahn!"
- The next time your friend gets on a scary water park ride, tell them "Schlitter-Bon Voyage!"
|I look pinker than the |
hot dogs my gut eats.
As always, I am thankful you read my blog.
Bye! I'm Jake!