Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Since Santorum lost, I'm taking it easy.

Hi! I'm Jake!

Good news!  Presidential candidate Rick Santorum dropped out of the presidential race this week!  All right!

Sometimes it is nice to get out of the rat race, kick back, & rest a bit.  If I were Rick Santorum, I'd immediately put on my pajamas & wear them all day- everyday. Maybe I'd even call a press conference & whip it out on LIVE TV!

In any case, I'd certainly take a day off.  Yesterday, I drove all the way from North Carolina to Austin, Texas.  I am pooped so I took a day off. Here are 3 Things I am Thankful For because I took today off:

1. I had free pizza!
I haven't been home in slightly over 2 months.  That means I have no food here.  The food I did have in the fridge was growing orange stuff..  Time to throw that out!  If a carrot grows orange stuff, that's okay. It's just more orange to blend in with the previous orange.  If your guacamole grows orange stuff, bye bye.  So, I threw out all my food- & some of my roommate's

The problem is, I was so lazy/ beat today that I didn't go buy food. Fortunately, I ate my roommate's frozen pizza.  I am so thankful he had some food for me to steal!

2. I had an incredible nap.
The past couple months have been super hectic.  I had a bunch of gigs.  I put over 7,000 miles on my car. I got engaged. It's been pretty nonstop.

Today, I napped for an hour.  It wasn't just a regular nap, either.  It was a "I just ate a whole pizza" nap.  That means I had some deep sleep, some deep dish pizza sleep.  After my nap, I was able to check some things off my to do list- like watch a movie.  I am thankful for that. Gord knows I don't watch enough movies!

3. I watched The Stand.
The Stand came out in 1994.  I am just now watching it.  That's how far behind I am!  The Stand is a mystical, apocalyptic Stephen King mini-series where Rob Lowe doesn't get to talk for 6 hours.  I am thankful for that!

Moreover, it's on my roommate's Netflix, so I am watching it for free. I am thankful for that too!  Why pay money for a movie when one of the main characters doesn't have a speaking part?  Come on, Hollywood!  I know everybody's budget is tight these days, but you can afford to give Rob Lowe a couple lines!

Anyway, I am watching The Stand for free. I am thankful for that. I'm watching my roommate's Netflix for free & I ate my roommate's pizza for free. Dinner & a movie? Even though he's in Chicago, it's kind of like we're on a date!  Instead of sleeping on my futon, I think I'll sleep on his bed for free too!

Well, I am thankful you read this entry.  I am still a little nuts after that long drive yesterday.  I miss my fiancee too. So, I am also thankful if you don't judge me for eating my roommate's pizza.  In fact, please don't tell him I stole his pizza.  It was a Totino's. You can't just get that anywhere!

Bye! I'm Jake!





No comments:

Post a Comment